Monday, April 28, 2008

I Would Like To Know... [UPDATED!]

The Mighty Avengers #12
Did Alex Maleev use a celebrity photo reference for his awesome rendition of Nick Fury in last week's Mighty Avengers? His Fury reminds me of someone, but damned if I can put my finger on who.

UPDATE:

Colin Farrell is good guess, and, sure, I can see some Rollins in there, too, and definitely the CSI guy (George Eads)--he'd crossed my mind, too. (My original, and very lame guess, was Nick Lachey.) But I think Sean Kleefled nailed it: Dominic Purcell from Prison Break. The likeness is even clearer in the pictures of bald Nick earlier in the same issue.

3 comments:

Adam said...

looks a little bit like colin farrell...

Sean Kleefeld said...

Dominic Purcell from Prison Break...
http://devon.blog.siol.net/files/2007/11/domic-purcell.jpg

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, it's Rollins!

...Either that, or Joey from Friends.

No, you know who it is? It's that one guy from CSI. Sigh. I love Maleev to pieces (say, DC isn't by any chance planning to use him in a Final Crisis Teaser, are they Jim?), but I weary of these lowbrow photo-refs. Doesn't anyone ever use Jean Cocteau or Paul Muni anymore?